NTFS on Mac and HFS+ on Windows
If you use both Mac and Windows, deciding on which file system to format your portable hard disk can sometimes be tricky. By default, the Mac can only read NTFS disks and Windows obviously could not even load an HFS+ formatted disk.
And you definitely do not want to use FAT filesystems on a 500GB portable hard disk.
So which should you choose? Well, what if you didn’t need to choose and can use both HFS+ and NTFS on either your Mac and Windows machines! Wouldn’t that be awesome?
Well that’s exactly what Paragon Software’s NTFS for Mac OS X and HFS+ for Windows provides you with. NTFS for Mac OS X and HFS+ for Windows will cost you US$19.95 each and you can also purchase a bundle of both if you prefer at $39.90. But read on to find out how you can get these great software at an exclusive discount!
Both NTFS for Mac OS X and HFS+ for Windows are fairly simple to you. In fact, all you need to really do is to just install them and it would work right out of the box. You really don’t have to tweak any settings if you don’t want to. After the installations, you Mac machine will be able to both read and write onto NTFS formatted drives and your Windows machine will be able to read and write on HFS+ formatted drives.
It really is just as simple as that. And in fact, this is the first piece of software that I would recommend anyone who just gotten a Mac to purchase (see my newbie’s guide to the 10 must have OS X software to install here). Even if you exclusively use a Mac, you are bound to need to access an NTFS formatted drive as there’s just so many Windows machines out there in the world.
Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 10.0 (link)
- Unprecedented high NTFS performance. The transfer rate is the same as with the native HFS file system!
- Full read/write access to NTFS. Mac® OS X provides limited support of NTFS, the primary file system of any Windows PC. With Paragon’s NTFS for Mac OS X, you’ll get full read/write access to any version of NTFS under Mac OS X
- Support for Mac OS X Leopard, Snow Leopard (32 and 64 bit) Lion and Mountain Lion
- Easy to install. The driver is easily installed through a user-friendly wizard
- Easy to use. Mount any NTFS partition like a native one – no need to perform special commands to get access; just attach a disk or other media with NTFS partition and use it as you wish
- Create and repair NTFS partitions under Mac® the same way you usually do with HFS/HFS+
- Non-Roman characters and languages. File and folder names in national languages, including Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian
- No limitation to maximum file/partition size (within Mac® OS X and NTFS specifications)
Supporting NTFS features:
- All NTFS versions are supported (from Windows NT 3.1 to Windows 7)
- Compressed files and folders
- Sparse files
- Files and folders with security permissions
Paragon HFS+ for Windows 9.0 (link)
- Support for journaling
- Greatly improved stability
- Unified Installer for 32 and 64 Bit systems
- Files and folder with “.” as the first symbol of file name are shown as hidden
- USB 3.0 ready
- Full access to HFS+/HFSX partitions (read and write)
- Unprecedented high HFS performance and stability
- Automounting and management via “Disk Management” console
- Full compatibility with Bootcamp drivers
Convinced? Well, click on the following links and enter the discount code “ATPEAZ20” for a special 20% off your order, exclusively from my site.
And use the code: YXC-WFX-PGH for a 20% discount on checkout!